Doctor House - Serbia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odakle poceti sa Na'Vi jezikom?

5 posters

Ići dole

Odakle poceti sa Na'Vi jezikom? Empty Odakle poceti sa Na'Vi jezikom?

Počalji od Murray Pet Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Firstly, what exactly is Na'vi?

Na'vi is the language spoken by the Na'vi in AVATAR. It was created by communications professor and linguistics consultant Paul Frommer who works at the University of Southern California (USC). James Cameron initially approached Frommer after being directed to him by Lightstorm Entertainment due to Frommer's extensive published textbook on linguistics. At the end of their meeting, Cameron shook Frommer's hand and said "...welcome aboard!"

Cameron already had a small list of 30 or so words that were already in his mind and told Frommer to create an entire language based upon the few words he had. One of the prerequisites of Na'vi was that it had to be relatively easy for the actors to pronounce. Creating the base of Na'vi: Morphology, syntax and initial-vocab took Frommer more than 6 months to complete.

What do I need to learn Na'vi?

An open mind. Sure, Na'vi has no practical use today and it may serve no purpose in "the real world", but it a very intriguing language to learn and it is always fun to mention a few words that you know almost no one else will understand. It's like having your own secret code.

A background in Asian, African and "Romantic" languages. This one is NOT necessarily a requirement, but it indeed helps A LOT to know at least one of the aforementioned languages. Na'vi has some interesting phonetics that come from many different languages here on Earth. For example, the trilled "R" sound, like in the word "Vrrtep" (Demon) is often found in Italian, the "Ng" sound, like in the phrase "Oel ngati kameie" (I see you) in Indonesian and the infamous Ejectives (Px, Tx, Kx) like in the word "Atxkxe" (Land) in traditional African languages. These aren't the only languages that use each sound; and again, nor is it required you know any of them, it just puts you a little bit ahead if you do as many English speakers have problems with them.

Is Na'vi hard to learn?

I wont lie to you. It is a bit of a pain in the txìm to learn. The grammatical rules are a bit difficult to wrap your head around; and you'll loose your mind at figuring out base words that have been destroyed thanks to infixes, but after a while, you'll slowly figure everything out.

Ok, that's great... Where do I begin?

Straight off the bat, I am going to tell you - [URL="http://www.learnnavi.org/"]LearnNavi.org[/URL] (Don't go there just yet) - it is by far the best (and thus far, only) website for learning Na'vi, it has a great list of resources and guides to help you on your way and a very helpful [URL="http://forum.learnnavi.org/"]Forum[/URL] full of many people who are extremely good at Na'vi.

Before you go running off, I want to stress a key point to you. Do not listen to the voiced pronunciations of words listed under their "Vocabulary" section, some of these are actually incorrect and the accent of the person speaking them may make it even harder to understand. I would much rather recommend you check out LearnNavi's Vent server, jump into one of their Skype conversations, or talk to me on Skype. (My Skype name: Morsolo)

Can I go now?

Not quite. I thought I'd rather link you to the more important things on LearnNavi first, before you go getting lost in the woods. I have listed them in what I believe is most important to least important; not that last in any less helpful than first.

The Crash Course in Linguistic Terminology [LINK]
You should probably read this - in English - before you go anywhere, just to make sure you understand things; and no, you are not alone if you think this document is a bit confusing.

The Na'vi Pocket Guide [LINK]
Once you know the basic linguistic terms, give this a read, it is definitely your starting point and introduction into Na'vi! In addition, you might want to check out Deamon5550's thread here - [URL="http://www.avatar-forums.com/na-vi-culture-language/4141-complete-guide-navi-grammer.html"]"The Complete Guide to Na'vi Grammer"[/URL].

Na'vi > English Dictionary [LINK]
Extremely helpful to have around. Just by playing around making sentences yourself, you start to memorize key words here.

The Na'vi Compendium [LINK]
An image that shows you the most common and important Na'vi words and rules.
Also available in: Français, Deutsch, Polski, Português, Español, Русский and Italiano.

Na'vi Activity Book [LINK]
Sheer brilliance and good fun! Good for beginners and experts alike!

English > Na'vi Dictionary [LINK]
Useful, but due to the limited amount of Na'vi words, not that extensive.

Na'vi Desktop Dictionary [LINK]
Awesome application, it will probably serve your memory better to use the actual dictionary, but this is a nevertheless awesome program.

Na'vi Alphabet [LINK]
A list of the Alphabet and its sounds, both in IPA and informal and with examples!

You 'bout done?

Srane! Irayo ma smuk, kiyevame ulte Eywa ayngahu! 'Ivong Na'vi!
Yes! Thank you siblings, see you again soon and may Eywa be with you! Let Na'vi bloom!
Murray
Murray
Admin

http://www.lost-serbia.com

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Odakle poceti sa Na'Vi jezikom? Empty Re: Odakle poceti sa Na'Vi jezikom?

Počalji od The_Ancient_One Pet Feb 19, 2010 9:34 pm

omg al je owo zeznuto pale Shocked lol!
The_Ancient_One
The_Ancient_One

http://www.wowhead.com

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji od Gil_Galad Pet Feb 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Tesko je dase nauci Sad
Gil_Galad
Gil_Galad
Admin

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji od lovelySnow Sub Mar 06, 2010 2:18 am

The_Ancient_One ::omg al je owo zeznuto pale Shocked lol!
ahah..pa jeste..a i oni koji su ga smisljali su sigurno dane i dane izgubili..xD
lovelySnow
lovelySnow

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji od Murray Sub Mar 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Negde sam procitao da ni James Cameron ne ume da prica.
Murray
Murray
Admin

http://www.lost-serbia.com

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji od Gil_Galad Pon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Pa naravno da ne ume nije on rtd Very Happy
Gil_Galad
Gil_Galad
Admin

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji od neytiri_98 Čet Apr 01, 2010 2:44 pm

kaltʼɪ ŋaɾu lu fpom sɾak
Hello,how are you!

neytiri_98

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji od Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Nazad na vrh

Dozvole ovog foruma:
Ne možete odgovarati na teme u ovom forumu